Master in Tourism & Travel Management
The objective of the course is to prepare the professionals who can easily understand the tourism industry and manage the various areas of industry. Travel & Tourism industry is expanding day by day. Students will have an exposure related to industry by a mix blend of educational program & industry interaction. Day after day people want to spend their money on travel. In India the tourism is of various types. In South India & in other parts there are best beaches of the world. In the North we have high mountain peaks. Wild life sanctuaries are also one more aspect of Indian tourism. In addition there are historical monuments to visit for. This is not only in the case of India but tourism is expanding all over the world. If we talk about Himachal Pradesh we have best places which are renowned all over the world .In Himachal we have many untapped & unexplored areas to work for. All in all there is a wide scope in the field of tourism.
Some other objectives of the course are:
· To prepare the students for immediate employment and entrepreneurship in the relevant functional area in industry, as against the model that just provides a degree without ensuring employability.
· To understand, appreciate and practice highest standards of professional, environmental, social and work ethics.
Expected Demand of the course & Key areas of career opportunities:
The successful completion of the degree, students will be having the opportunity to join as executives in any of the following areas -
· MICE division of various companies
· Tour Operators (Inbound, Outbound, Domestic, Adventure etc.)
· Travel on Agencies
· On Line Travel Portal Companies
· Trade fair etc
Other Courses of the School